Friday, January 23, 2009

Today my daughter decided she needs some space.

So today was a day just like every other day, we ate breakfast, took a shower, read a book or two or five . . had lunch. But then something I didn't expect happened.
I was following Alyssa Belle around the house, playing with her like I always do, but she just wasn't feeling it today. I would go up to her and offer to read her favorite book, "No, No Mommy!" I would pick up a baby and ask if she needed me to babysit for a while, she immediately grabs baby from me, "No, No Mommy!" Ok, I get the point.
I proceeded to go about my business, and a few minutes later went to check on her. It had got quiet. Checked the living room, nope, not watching cartoons... Checked my room. Nope, not messing with the computer... And as I stepped out of my room, I heard her. She was in her room playing nicely with her baby dolls. But the door was shut. I propped the door back open and went back to my dirty dishes.
Two minutes later, the door was shut, AGAIN. I looked in on her and it was just like before, she was sitting down with her babies, feeding them, reading to them. . She didn't even bother to say "Hi" or even look up for that matter.
& That's when it hit me, she's growing up. She's independent now. She's not my little baby anymore. I'm very proud of her. & I knew this was going to happen, I just assumed it wouldn't at least until after her 2nd birthday!

1 comment:

Mom Q said...

You are making me tear up...she is beautiful and getting so grown up!! LUB U GUYS