Monday, February 9, 2009

Another beautiful day up @ the Mountain.



Well, Ash & I headed up to the mountain again on Saturday. It was awesome! It was another beautiful day up there, not as warm & a few inches of powder that we didn't have last time, which was great!

Ash is progressing really well! She didn't even have her butt sticking out the whole way down the hill this time. ;) I am also beginning to challenge myself again. I didn't hit a jump though. I ended up getting a lot of courage and then started talking to this kid who was also about to take a run at the 'baby terrain park'. Well long story short, he went ahead of me and I got to watch him totally wreck himself on the landing. OUCH! So when it was my turn, I ended up chickening out and bypassing the jumps. :( I know, I suck!

I did hit up Pine Martin and it was awesome, at first. It was like I had the entire run to myself. I was even able to go through the trees and find some untouched powder, then w/out noticing I merged into a black diamond run. I hit some pretty bad moguls going a little too fast and then caught my edge, big time! I had a brief make-out session w/the snow and got a little shook up.

But all in all it was an awesome day. Ash & I even stuck around for some live music and a beer at the Lodge. It was so nice to chill and reflect on the amazing day. Then Trav was kind enough to fire up the grill for us when we got home. We had some messy chili cheese dogs and a long soak in the hot tub, was the perfect ending to a great day on the Mountain!

No comments: