Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Valentine's Day Getaway

I've been working hard to get the housework and laundry back in order since returning from the valley late Sunday night, but I thought I'd take a few minutes to blog about our trip...

We've been missing The Sanders' like crazy, since they moved over to the valley last fall. So you can imagine how excited we were to go visit them in their brand new townhome for Valentine's Day. As we pulled into their driveway, we heard a loud "TJ!!!" coming from a very impatient little girl in the backseat. The boys were so excited to see us, and we were overjoyed to see them! Vicki & Jordan's new home is beautiful and we couldn't be happier for the newly weds!

Friday, we spent the evening hanging out with the kids while Vicki & Jordan went out on their date. We enjoyed giving the kids treats and letting them stay up WAY past their bedtime as favorite Auntie & Uncle's always do!

Saturday, Vicki and I made a big breakfast for everyone and it was great for us to get a chance to catch up while the kids played together.

Sissie & her cousin Avery:

Big TJ & Little TJ


Valentines!!


Then we all headed to Portland to do a little shopping @ the Loyd Center. Vicki was on a mission to find her favorite Ralph Lauren Body Wash, Trav needed a shirt to wear to the show and Avery needed a new pair of tennis shoes. Here are some super cute mall pics:

Chicken Nugget Face!!


The Boys scored some Pirate Booty!


Our Little Shopper taking a break:


Auntie Vicki's Glasses:



Shopping with Auntie & Daddy:




After shopping we parted ways, Alyssa went back home with Auntie Vicki, Uncle Jordan and the boys while Trav and I headed to Eugene to catch Louis C.K.'s "Hilarious" Show.

On our way to the show


We found the McDonald Theatre, and because 'somebody' forgot the tickets (He thought I had 'em and of course I assumed he had grabbed them!!) we had to go to will call to pick up "new" tickets.





Trav and I had a blast walking around downtown Eugene before the show. We found this cool little vintage store having a 50% off sale and Trav scored an awesome new pea coat. We sat and enjoyed Jamaican Jerk Pizza and a couple Red Stripes at a neat little hippie bar next to the theatre.



The doors opened at 7 and show began at 8. After a few drinks in the lounge we found our AMAZING seats and waited for Louie to come on stage... As always nature called at the most inopportune time (5 minutes before the show was about to start!) so I hauled butt to the ladies room where I was discouraged to find a long line of ladies, none of whom wanted to miss the start of the show, I tapped my heel impatiently on the hard floor... Finally, I made my way through the line! 'Sweet, only 7:58, I still have time,' I thought to myself. As I hurried out, a seemingly intoxicated woman peaks her head in and yells, "COME ON LADIES, LET'S PEEEEEEEE!!!" It was quite the comical start to the most hilarious show ever!

I ran back to my seat just in time for the opening act. She was pretty funny, a little eccentric and somewhat annoying towards the end, but to be fair, I was probably just being a little biased, it was Louis C.K.'s "Hilarious" show afterall. And it was indeed HILARIOUS!! He had us laughing so hard our faces hurt! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. His new stuff is just as funny, witty and brutally honest as his older jokes and we were, to say the least, very impressed!

It had been announced, (by Louie himself) that he would be signing autographs in the lobby at the end of the show, so of course I ran to the lobby CD in hand, determined to meet my favorite comedian! Trav and I stood next to the dude selling CD's and waited. A few minutes go by, I turn around and there he is, standing right freaking next to me, LOUIS C.K.!!! I was so star struck I didn't even know what to say! I don't really remember saying anything other than, "Oh my gosh, it's YOU!! it's Louis C.K.!! Oh. My. Gosh!!!" He was so cool! He autographed our CD and tickets, took pics with us and yours truly was the first fan who got to meet him!! Okay, I'm still pretty much on cloud nine over this. What can I say other than, it was AWESOME!! Hands down, Best Valentine's Day Ever!!



No comments: