Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our new Tuesday routine: 'Family Fun Story Time' followed by a picnic @ the park



Alyssa Belle & I decided to get out of the house for a bit today, so we headed to the library for 'Family Fun Story Time'. We've been wanting to go for a while now and I'm so glad that we did, it was great! Alyssa was the youngest of only 5-6 other children there, who looked to be around 3-4 yrs. old. We sang songs like "Bend your body, Touch your toes, Straighten up, & Touch your Nose..." It was so cute to see Alyssa start to really get into it. Then the story teller read 3 short picture books about elephants. We finished up with "If Your Happy & You Know It" Alyssa was given a stamp on each hand, which she was very proud to show off to all the other kids! :) They had markers set out and handouts for the kids to color. Alyssa and I stuck around for a while so she could color and socialize. I checked out the books I had on hold, then we headed to the park for a picnic. It must've been close to 60 degrees outside, which is bad for snowmobiling/snowboarding but great for Lyss and I to get out and play! We had a wonderful day and when we got home I was stoked to lay Alyssa down for a nice long nap. Now, I can't decide if I should get started on the dishes or curl up in the chair and read my book! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am glad you guys had such a fun time. I wish I could have joined you. Maybe I will figure out a way to get three carseats in a car and take all of the girls sometime.