Friday, September 25, 2009

Shots & Red Robin...

Alyssa got her Flu shot (and a couple others she was due for) on Tuesday and I just wanted to write to tell you all how awesome she did!! It felt like a milestone of sorts, because when the nurse called her name, she stopped playing, got up, walked right to the nurse and said, "Hi, I'm Alyssa." The Nurse said, "Hi Alyssa, Follow me." So she followed her to the back, and with very little prompting she stepped on the scale and stood at the height chart, all on her own! I just stood back and felt a little un-needed as I watched my two-year-old go through the motions like such a big girl!

Later, when the Dr. came in the room Alyssa continued to amaze me. She introduced HERSELF to the Dr. and they shook hands, (since this was the first time that she had seen this particular doctor.) They talked and joked, all the while Alyssa cooperated perfectly. Everything checked out great and the Dr. was very happy with Alyssa's growth and development.

I was happy to hear that Alyssa seems to have filled out a bit and isn't on the tiny end of the charts anymore. She was in the 60th percentile for weight, whereas in the past she's been around the 20-30th percentiles. However, she is a little shorty like her Mommy, coming in at the 25th percentile for height. But hey, great things come in little packages, so we're not complaining a bit!

After the check-up, it was time for SHOTS. I must first mention, that this was the very first time Daddy has not been there for shots (because the appointment was very last minute) so I was dreading the shots part, A LOT! But, Alyssa was given 3 shots and hardly cried a bit! The nurse had her sing 'Twinkle Twinkle' and she made it through the entire song with no tears until the final shot was given. Then she got a really sad look on her face and I about bawled!! I did my best to suck it up, held her in my arms and seemed to get more choked up than she did... Stupid Hormones!!

Alyssa, got a sticker and later we took her out to her favorite restaurant (Red Robin) for dinner where she got to meet up with her buddy, Red Robin!! It was a good day. Hope you all had a great week!
Love,


Here are the pics :)

Hugging her Buddy, Red Robin :)

Dancing with Red :)

"YAY!"

No comments: